Monday, August 4, 2008

Arriving in Paris


May 18, The flight from Heathrow to Paris was good. Although I was pissed about the luggage the people on the ground and in the air were very nice. We got to Paris and found our luggage easily, one bag was open (zipper) one of the fine luggage carriers wanted to check out our undies. Oh Well. Immigration was easy and got to the outside of the terminal for the shuttle that I knew would soon be arriving. I called the shuttle comp. and they said it would arrive in ten minutes. Ten minutes turned into twenty and the thirty and the phone calls were many. Since I had already paid for this one, I was pretty committed. Finally a shuttle arrived and we were able to squeeze in with four golfers from the Czech Republic. Nice conversations, but we all could have used some Binaca. The ride to our hotel took well over an hour and the golfers were dropped off first. Onward and with not so much reckless abandon our driver got us to The Paris Hilton. Paris Hilton is not only and American ho-bag but also a very nice hotel one and a half blocks from the Eiffel Tower. We were looking forward to a quiet night and some dinner in Paris. The day had been long and finally my blood pressure was back down to normal. We got some dinner and had a nice stroll around the area ( re-conn ) so we could plan the next day.


Peace and Love, Cris and Bob

No comments: